The Eye


I was quiet a sucker for surrealism when I was younger (that was ten or so years ago). In 1997 I painted a surrealist desert sunset complete with a violin-playing cactus under a violently swirling clouds. It took me a month to finish that painting.

Now, it only took me about 30 minutes to finish the image above with Adobe Photoshop. It is just random. I just downloaded some free stock images and just let my mood flow. After 30 or so minutes I came up with this one. The original images I used are shown below :


No special effects were used there, just the ever reliable Lasso tool, Move tool, and a simple Render effect to get the right lighting for the windows.



8 comments:

  1. S. A. Hart said...

    Very interesting piece of surrealist digital art! As someone who previously painted and now works in digital, do you find that you miss the process of painting with a brush instead of the computer?  

  2. Pastilan said...

    Of course nothing could replace the joy of feeling the paint spreading on the canvas under the brush. It's a feeling that is hard to explain. I miss painting on actual canvas with a brush. The reason why I am hooked at doing digital art is because it gets the work done quickly. The joy i get from painting on actual canvas is quiet different from the joy I get from painting with a computer. If time will allow, I would paint on canvas again, for old time's sake.  

  3. Gem said...

    Breathtaking! Awesome! Amazing!

    I wish I got this kind of creative talent. But I'm happy to sit back and appreciate how others do it.  

  4. Pastilan said...

    :) :) :)  

  5. Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

    can you make something similar like that of the Lord of the Rings type of pictures?

    mahilig ako sa mga ganun eh  

  6. Pastilan said...

    @ actually it is easy to do those kind of things with Photoshop, movie posters and stuff. What is difficult is the concept, the idea. When you have the idea all you've got to do is make Photoshop your tool in making your ideas visible :) Cge gagawa ako ng movie poster ng imaginary movie na ako ang bida he he he at i-post ko dito :)  

  7. Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

    yun nga ang prob ko eh, yung idea

    i know how to use photoshop, i know how to make websites, pero pagdating sa design, palpak ako  

  8. Gem said...

    Ah sige... try mo yun. Yung ikaw ang bida.  


 

K2 Modify 2007 | Use it. But don't abuse it.