It's been a while since the last time I fooled around with a Flash authoring software. Early this evening I found my self launching one of my favorite software, KoolMoves. This software, and Adobe Flash, are my main choice when it comes to creating anything that is Flash. I like this software because even if it is quiet small it is powerful enough, you can make little applications and games with it if you are really good with actionscript.

The screen shot above shows an imaginary Flash website. I did not really plan it, I just sort of go directly to the lay-outing and then I look at some available images and then just slapped them all together in the layout. The image of a laughing child in the header is of my son, taken just this afternoon. It took about a couple of hours to finish the small website. It is all flash but it loads quiet fast because I made it light. Some of the buttons do not function yet, but the important one function. Click on the screen shot above to go to the actual Flash website or click here.




10 comments:

  1. Gem said...

    I used Swish before and it is easier to create instant animations. Is it a lot like Swish?

    Or if you have not used Swish before, is it an easier software to use than Adobe Flash?  

  2. Pastilan said...

    I know Swish(or is it SwishMax)and I've used it in the past. For me Swishmax looks more cluttered and therefore more difficult to use than Koolmoves. But I know many people who find Swish easier to use than Koolmoves. I think they are just not used to Koolmove's interface. Koolmoves is actually designed to handle the "anime" type of animation where you animate images frame for frame and with the use of "boning" (boning is also used in 3D animation but to a more advanced level than here).

    Of course Adobe Flash is more complex and therefore more difficult to use than Koolmoves. Swish attempts to copy Adobe Flash (or the Macromedia flash in the early days) whereas Koolmove has a very different direction in mind.  

  3. Gem said...

    I think I'm going to give KoolMove a try. I don't really appreciate Flash, but for the common animations (like buttons and banners) I have to go for the alternative.

    Then I'll just have to pick between Swish and KoolMove.

    I've noticed that Dreamweaver and Fireworks generate simple flash buttons too.  

  4. Kigwa said...

    Full flash websites are outdated. We rarely see these kinds of sites today due to the fact that they take a lot of time to load.

    Yes, try KoolMoves, it is good for making banners and buttons.

    Dreamweaver yes, but i don't know much about Fireworks :)

    Back then, when I started with my love affair with the computer I taught myself HTML and Javscript. I only used notepad, my first computer was a Compaq with Pentium II processor with 32 MB RAM. I miss those days when I spent a lot of sleepless nights in front of the computer and studying other people's javascript and trying to modify them and make my own. Iba na ngayon. Tapos gigising MAma ko sabihan ako na matulog na tapos yes lang ako pero patuloy pa rin.  

  5. Gem said...

    Talagang may mga peeps na designed sa panggabi! I admit I prefer working at this time kasi konti lang ang distractions.

    10 years siguro yan. Computer schools were teaching notepad to generate HTML.  

  6. iceah said...

    aaaaaa......aaaaaa....wala lang nakikikulit wala kasi akong masasabi dito sa pinaguusapan nyo mass comm po kasi ako ;P d ako marunong nyan hehehe ;P  

  7. Gem said...

    Don't worry iceah dear... you're blogging! At least makukuha mo ang HTML in time!

    Cheers!  

  8. Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

    Have you guys tried Adobe Flex? Kung ako gagawa ng flash site, yun ang gagamitin ko. Yun na kc ang kabisado ko, kaysa flash kakapa nanaman ako. and hindi ko pa natry ang swish.

    kaso mahina ako sa design :(  

  9. chocobread said...

    are those services on that flash site is for real?  

  10. Pastilan said...

    @chocobread hindi yan totoo, imaginary lang yan, just for example lang he he he  


 

K2 Modify 2007 | Use it. But don't abuse it.